BLOG BUDDIES

March 29, 2017

Altered Antique Photo Album - Part 1

Hi everyone, it's my turn today up on Art Anthology's blog with a new design team project. I recently purchased this very old photo album at an antique store and had just the project in mind. I was able to photocopy some very old pictures that my mother had of relatives I have never actually met. They were from long long ago and I have always treasured the photos but had not done anything with them, so I knew this photo album would be a perfect place to preserve these memories.

The album was in pretty bad shape but I loved how sturdy it was and held together with metal fasteners.  I recently enrolled with the infamous Finnabair with her on line class "Art Transformations" and thought I would give it a go on this album cover. I'm not going to go in detail with my entire process, for that you will just have to sign up for the class HERE, Believe me you won't regret it, the class is filled with wonderful creative inspiration and insight from the precious Finnabair. 

What fun this was to give an old broken down album some new life. The inside pages are thin and discolored (yessss I loved that) but that post will be the next one when I fill the pages with my special photos. 
For now I am loving the way this turned out and I hope this inspired you to make someone elses junk your treasure. 
For now wishing you  wonderfully inspirational week, treat yourself to some fun antique stores that allow your imagination to go wild. And if your looking for some inspiration, don't hesitate to drop by Art Anthology's blog to see what the other designers are up to. Creatively yours, Toni

Grab yourself a cup of coffee and sit back and enjoy my Snapguide tutorial below




No comments:

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.